The Queensland Government invests around $1.5 billion a year in information and communication technology (ICT).
The Queensland Government Chief Information Office (QGCIO) is responsible for ensuring the government’s ICT investments:
- support policy outcomes
- are focussed on service delivery to the community
- represent good value for money
- are reliable.
We provide advice to Queensland Government agencies and executive government on issues such as:
- setting ICT strategy, policies and standards
- adopting better practice for ICT investment management
- identifying and managing risks, including ‘over the horizon’ risks
- developing proposals for major whole-of-government investments
- identifying and managing strategic workforce capability issues
- improving contract outcomes
- facilitating strategic relationships with industry partners.
The Queensland Government Chief Information Officer is part of the Department of Science, Information Technology and Innovation. We work closely with other areas of the department, including the ICT Strategic Sourcing group.