SEAMLESS - Naming services
Language and semantics are barriers to influential and effective communication in an organisation. SEAMLESS allows an organisation to objectively and consistently name and classify services.
This basic language construct will allow you to:
- develop service orientated strategy
- generate a service catalogue
- define and discover customer service requirements
- identify gaps and duplication of service and value delivery
- provide a performance framework for your organisation
- develop a service model and architecture for your digital presence and channel strategies.
The following documents will assist you further in naming services:
- Discovering services through SEAMLESS (PDF) (1.13 MB) - First principles
- Naming services (PDF) (1.4 MB)
- Cost model example for project services (XLSX) (44.86 KB)
- Interview template and example for naming services (DOC) (412 KB).