The Queensland Government invests around $1.5 billion a year in information and communication technology (ICT).
The Queensland Government Chief Information Office (QGCIO) is responsible for ensuring the government’s ICT investments:
- support policy outcomes
- are focussed on service delivery to the community
- represent good value for money
- are reliable.
We provide advice to Queensland Government agencies and executive government on issues such as:
- setting ICT strategy, policies and standards
- adopting better practice for ICT investment management
- identifying and managing risks, including ‘over the horizon’ risks
- developing proposals for major whole-of-government investments
- identifying and managing strategic workforce capability issues
- improving contract outcomes
- facilitating strategic relationships with industry partners.
The Queensland Government Chief Information Officer is part of the Department of Housing and Public Works.