The Queensland Government Enterprise Architecture (QGEA) website, including discussions, is a whole-of-government online environment designed to support the development of better information management and ICT policy and best practice advice. The forum is fully endorsed by the Chief Information Officer (CIO) leadership team.
You are encouraged as an individual to actively participate in the discussions and information sharing on current and emerging information management and ICT issues. Any comments posted on this website are not regarded as formal views of any department/agency unless they are specifically represented as such. The forum is an externally accessible closed user group environment and the Queensland Public Sector Code of conduct applies.
Conditions of access and use by Queensland Government employees or engaged contractors, students or volunteers using ICT facilities
Employees of the Queensland Government or contractors, subcontractors, students and volunteers engaged by the Queensland Government who access or use the QGEA website via departmental information and communication technology (ICT) facilities and devices are obliged to comply with the QGEA Use of ICT services, facilities and devices policy.
Conditions of access and use by third party or other Queensland Government agency employee
Access to, and use of, the QGEA website, including discussions, developed by the State of Queensland, acting through the Queensland Government Customer and Digital Group (QGCDG), is provided to a third party or another Queensland Government agency employee (both called the user) on the following terms and conditions:
- The QGCDG is collecting your personal information for the purpose of providing you with access to the QGEA website. Your personal information including your views and opinions will be disclosed to other members of the QGEA website for the purpose of collaboration. Your personal details will not be disclosed to any other third party or used for any other purpose without your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
- Prior to accessing the QGEA website, the user must receive the appropriate authorisation from the responsible officer within QGCDG (or delegate). The level of access will be regularly reviewed to ensure that it is commensurate with the work being performed and/or the needs of the QGCDG or Queensland Government.
- impersonate any other person or falsely claim to represent any other person, whether living or dead, real or fictitious. Making false, misleading or deceptive representations that you are another person or character can amount to a criminal offence and give rise to civil liability
- abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others
- make a contribution that is misleading, deceptive or false
- make a contribution that is defamatory or libellous or likely to damage the reputation of any person, group of people or organisation
- use insulting, threatening or provocative language or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people, or incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
- make a contribution that includes obscene, offensive or inappropriate language or material
- conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity
- contribute any text or other material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others or reveals confidential information
- spam your contribution by sending multiple copies or versions of it
- contribute material that contains or links to any commercial advertising material
- invade the personal privacy of any other person or groups and not to include any personal information (such as names, private addresses or phone numbers), including your own
- obscure the origin of any message, or obtain unauthorised access to information or damage, delete, insert or otherwise alter such information with malicious intent.
- The user acknowledges that documents, messages, material and information created, received and/or stored on the QGEA website may constitute public records under the Public Records Act 2002 (Qld) and/or be subject to disclosure under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) or in legal proceedings and agrees to comply with any applicable requirements specified in those Acts or any proceedings.
- The QGCDG applies a range of security controls to protect its websites and ICT services, facilities and devices from unauthorised access, computer viruses and other contamination. However the world wide web is an insecure network that gives rise to a risk that a user’s transactions may be viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects. Despite its best efforts, the QGCDG makes no warranties that its websites, facilities or devices are free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
- The user is encouraged to take appropriate precautions to ensure that whatever is accessed, downloaded, used, stored, distributed or selected from the QGEA website is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user’s own computer system, software or data.
- If the user is a third party, they release, discharge and indemnify the QGCDG and its officers and employees from and against any claim, liability, costs, losses and damages which may be brought against, or made upon, or incurred by any of them in connection with any:
- data accessed through the QGEA website being inaccurate or incomplete
- unauthorised access, interception, modification or use of information that is accessed, downloaded, used, stored or distributed provided by the user on the QGEA website
- interference with or damage to a user’s information and communication technology and devices, computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to the QGEA website or its use
- negligent or unlawful act or omission of the user, except to the extent the claim is due to the negligent or unlawful act or omission of the QGCDG, its officers or employees.