The making and maintaining of complete, accurate and reliable evidence of business transactions in the form of recorded information.
* the creation of records in the course of business activity
* the means to ensure the creation of adequate records
* the design, establishment and operation of recordkeeping systems
* the management of records used in business (traditionally regarded as the domain of records management) and as archives (traditionally regarded as the domain of archives administration).
Source: Adapted from Bettington et al, eds. Keeping Archives. 3rd ed. Canberra: Australian Society of Archivists, 2008, p. 636.
Last Reviewed: 05 December 2017
- There are currently no related items.