Are you passionate about digital technologies? Do you want to make a difference?
The Digital and ICT Graduate Program is a two-year program within the Queensland Government that enables graduates to make a positive difference to Queenslanders through the implementation of innovative digital solutions.
The role of digital and ICT in government is growing. More government services are moving online and therefore we need talented graduates like you, that are supported and equipped to succeed.
Register for the 2022 Intake via the Queensland Government Graduate Portal today!
Graduates are supported and equipped to succeed
We provide you with support and professional development to give you the tools and confidence to bridge the transition from graduate to ICT/digital professional.
Why work for us?
As a graduate, your work will affect how the Queensland Government delivers public services like health, education, transport, infrastructure, police and emergency services. Your work will make a difference and your expertise will be of great value. So, why work for Queensland? When we asked our new employees the five top reasons they wanted to work for us, they said; to be the difference, be challenged, be rewarded, balance work and life, to be embraced to be me. Ranked #14 in the Australian Financial Review top 20 most popular graduate employers in Australia for 2021, Queensland Government provides graduates with tailored development and a career where you can be the difference.
Become a digital leader
The Digital and ICT Graduate Program provides you with an opportunity to enter a leadership program and jump start your career — with 85% of graduates post program going on to establish their careers in Queensland Government at an AO4/AO5 level (between $76k to $88k per year).
What we offer
- A starting salary of $65,116 per annum plus superannuation and temp two-year contract
- Flexible work-life balance opportunities, with a 36.25 hour working week
- Generous leave provisions and salary packaging
- A structured two-year leadership development program
- Career development guidance and a supportive graduate team
- Networking opportunities and social events
- A mentor and connection to a supportive graduate cohort
- A wide variety of Graduate roles to choose from.
Who are we looking for?
We welcome candidates from all disciplines with a Bachelor, Graduate Certificate or Masters in one of the following areas;
Computing, computer science, computer engineering, digital, technology, information, computer engineering, science, security, software, telecommunications, networking, mathematics, data, cloud, AI, machine learning, robotics, UX, enterprise architecture, systems, design, law, psychology, business, commerce, communication, arts, games and animation, media, web design, analytics and statistics.
Am I eligible?
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident
- Completed or about to complete a university degree within the last two years with an Australian or New Zealand university
- You are free to start employment in March 2022 (to be confirmed) or prior if requested by agency.
How to apply
Register via the Queensland Government Graduate Portal for the 2022 cohort. You only need to register once on the portal and if you are eligible, you will be invited to formally apply for our program as well as other government graduate programs also seeking your qualifications.
We promote a respectful workplace culture; we are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity. We strongly encourage everyone to apply for our advertised positions; irrespective of gender, ethnicity, age, language, sexual orientation, and disability or family responsibilities. We recognise the value of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Support and reasonable adjustments can be provided to applicants throughout the selection process as required. Contact our Graduate Manager to discuss further.
- Register your interest on the Queensland Government Graduate Portal.
- If eligible you will receive an invitation to apply for the program.
- Populate your Gradsift candidate profile and record a short introduction video.
- Complete a short cognitive ability test with Revelian.
- If shortlisted, you will be invited for a face to face interview, this invitation could come from any of our participating agencies.
- Formal offers are made.
- The Graduate program starts in March 2022.
Looking for more information?
Visit the How to apply page for further information.
Email us at email@example.com or phone us on 0448 540 470 or 0439 403 090.