Digital professionals are in high demand across Queensland.
The Digital and ICT Graduate Program is your opportunity to get a head start on your career. During your two-year placement, you will contribute to a digital Queensland and work on exciting and innovative digital and ICT projects that deliver positive changes for Queenslanders.
It’s not just technical IT. We’re looking for graduates in all aspects of IT development, design and delivery of services to Queenslanders.
We need graduates with degrees in:
- information technology, cloud computing, cyber security, computer science, data analytics, robotics, telecommunications, information management, mathematics
- business, marketing, procurement
- project management, law, creative industries
- web and multimedia design, user experience design.
Commencing in March each year, graduates receive leadership training to advance their career fast as well as networking opportunities, work-life balance, generous leave and a $66,540k starting salary plus super.
Register your interest (vision6.com.au) for the 2023 Intake today!
Why work for us?
We provide you with support and professional development to give you the tools and confidence to bridge the transition from graduate to ICT/digital professional.
As a graduate, your work will affect how the Queensland Government delivers public services like health, education, transport, infrastructure, police and emergency services. Your work will make a difference and your expertise will be of great value. So, why work for Queensland? When we asked our new employees the five top reasons they wanted to work for us, they said; to be the difference, be challenged, be rewarded, balance work and life, to be embraced to be me. Queensland Government provides graduates with tailored development and a career where you can be the difference.
Become a digital leader
The Digital and ICT Graduate Program provides you with an opportunity to enter a leadership program and jump start your career — with 87% of graduates post program going on to establish their careers in Queensland Government at an AO4/AO5 level (between $78,674k to $98,046k per year).
What we offer
- A starting salary of $66,540k per annum plus superannuation and temp two-year contract
- Flexible work-life balance opportunities, with a 36.25 hour working week
- Generous leave provisions and salary packaging
- A structured two-year leadership development program
- Career development guidance and a supportive graduate team
- Networking opportunities and social events
- A mentor and connection to a supportive graduate cohort
- A wide variety of Graduate roles to choose from.
Who are we looking for?
We welcome candidates from all disciplines with a Bachelor, Graduate Certificate or Masters in one of the following areas - undergraduate degree minimum requirement for graduate position:-
Computing, computer science, computer engineering, digital, technology, information, computer engineering, science, security, software, telecommunications, networking, mathematics, data, cloud, AI, machine learning, robotics, UX, enterprise architecture, systems, design, law, psychology, business, commerce, communication, arts, games and animation, media, web design, analytics and statistics.
Am I eligible?
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident
- Completed or about to complete a university degree within the last two years with an Australian or New Zealand university. Undergraduate degree is the minimum qualification required.
- Please follow this link https://desbt.qld.gov.au/training/training-careers/osqrecognition to update your overseas qualifications to Australian recognised quals.
- As we navigate this strange new world and the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s becoming quite clear that COVID-19 vaccinations are becoming mandatory. Queensland Government is moving towards mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 for all government staff. This has started slowly via department or buildings (1 William Street was the first to make it mandatory that anyone working in the building must be vaccinated).
- You are free to start employment in March 2023 (to be confirmed) or prior if requested by agency.
- International student opportunity visit Industry Graduate Program
How to apply
Register your interest (vision6.com.au) for the 2023 cohort. We will contact you directly when our applications are open in July 2022 and advise you of the processes for registering with GradSift our recruitment partner.
We promote a respectful workplace culture; we are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity. We strongly encourage everyone to apply for our advertised positions; irrespective of gender, ethnicity, age, language, sexual orientation, and disability or family responsibilities. We recognise the value of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Support and reasonable adjustments can be provided to applicants throughout the selection process as required. Contact our Graduate Manager to discuss further.
- Register your interest (vision6.com.au)
- If eligible you will receive an invitation to apply for the program.
- Populate your Gradsift candidate profile upload documents and record a short introduction video.
Please note: ensure all successfully linked to your profile as profile instructions.
- If shortlisted by agencies looking for your qualifications, you will be invited for a face to face interview, this invitation could come from any of our participating agencies. As we are a whole of government program, invitations for interview could come from several of our participating agencies.
- Formal offers are made to you by agency.
- The Graduate program starts in March 2023.
Please note: each agency is responsible for their own recruitment processes which can take weeks to several months from time of application.
Looking for more information?
Visit the How to apply page for further information.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 0448 540 470 or 0439 403 090.